SUMMARY OF THE COLLEGAMENTO CH
14 June 2014
Greetings from Amman, Bethlehem and Jerusalem, interview with Margaret Karram.
- Sharing with Africa
“Ubuntu”: I am because we are. A way life is understood in Sub-Saharan Africa. The youth of the Focolare Movement took this as their starting point for the 2014 World Unity Week, which was launched this year in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Bridging Cultures
In Portugal, one of the many initiatives of United World Week 2014.
- Coffee shops without slot machines
A national campaign in Italy against legalized gambling.
- Economy of Communion in Brazil
A style of “sharing” that spells success. A rapid look to see how the EoC is developing in its land of origin.
- “The Company Cube”
An entrepreneur from the USA comes up with the idea of “The Company Cube”. A fun and practical way of remembering the values that create a positive work environment.
- “Outside the Box”
The Box: that’s the name of the commercial building in Augsburg, Germany, home to a group of businesses of the Economy of Communion. Three companies with an innovative way of relating to one another.
- Young religious meet together at Loppiano
A unique and enriching meeting of a hundred young people from 56 different religious families.
- The encounter with Jesus Forsaken
January 24th, 1944 marks the first time that Jesus Fosaken entered into the story of the Focolare Movement. A founding moment as recounted by its 3 protagonists: Chiara Lubich, Doriana Zamboni and Fr. Casimiro Bonetti, who recently passed away.
- 1957: A letter from Fr. Pasquale Foresi
In the difficult years leading up to the approval of the Focolare Movement by the Catholic Church, this little-known letter demonstrates a faith that overcomes all obstacles.
- The youth of the Focolare and the Assembly 2014
Their contribution to the preparation of the General Assembly of the Movement this coming September at Castel Gandolfo, Italy.
- Teens for Unity
Argentina: The Teens for Unity are gearing up for the “Citizens of the World” youth camp this July.
- In dialogue with Giancarlo Faletti
– Philippines: A follow up to the projects launched after Hurricane Haiyan last November (New Families and Action for a United World – AMU).
– USA: Our Journey Towards the Excellence of the Human Family – an interreligious evening.
– Cameroon: The Bangwa people has a new king.
- Local communities: where mutual love is visible
The first international meeting of representatives of the local communities of the Focolare Movement.
- In dialogue with Maria Voce (Emmaus)
- Chiara Lubich: When suffering knocks
The founder of the Focolare confides her experience to the British journalist Sandra Hoggett during an interview for Charisma Productions – 2002.